Thursday, January 14, 2010

Island Living

Just arrived back in Mersing after spending 4 days on Pulau Tioman. Very nice island with amazing water and a laid back atmosphere (especially this time of the year). Met some excellent company while over there and wasted the days away snorkeling, catching some rays and swapping stories. Very tempted to just move in but since I've already told Dan I will meet him in Thailand, I'd better stick to my plan. Tomorrow will be a really long day because I'd like to make it all the way to Pekan, 140km away. Not sure that there would be any places to stay before that. After Pekan its up to the traveller's hangout town of Cherating. If I like it there, I will hang out for a couple of days before continuing my northward trek. Pretty drained right now, so don't think I will write much more. Sorry! Check out the pics though.

2 comments:

  1. Rob, looks like a couuple great days in paradise!!! Check your g-mail....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rob. Had to check out the hobohiglanderblog. Had a good time on tioman islands but right now i cant wait to come home. Dont eat those burgers, they are MEGA lizzardmeat! Keep it safe and get one of those gpsthings so we can keep an eye on you.

    //Hans - member of the Tioman Party Group.

    ReplyDelete