Thursday, January 7, 2010

Off to Malaysia

Wowsers. Singapore is a crazy city. Had a really ummm, interesting night last night with Gabriel, Bryant and Mikiko. I feel like I've had the full Singapore experience now. Which is good, because its about time I get back in the saddle.
Tomorrow I will head over the causeway into Malaysia. My plan is to work up the east coast, which supposedly has nicer islands. If the monsoon is keeping me from visiting those islands I will attempt to ride through the interior over to the west coast. Assuming the weather is nice and I arrive at the top of the east coast I plan to ride across on highway 4 to enter Thailand on its southwest border since the southeast is rumored to be a little unsafe. Dan is planning on meeting me in Phuket around Feb. 10 so I have about 1 month to ride about 1500 km. Its hotter than hell out there and Im fully expecting to lose about 1000 pounds. Should be interesting!
Going to go ahead and hit the hay and try to get an early start to avoid the midday heat. Hopefully Ill update soon with some cool pics of Malaysia. Until then, keep the cranks spinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment